MEGA fox zone

An area for discussion of problems with pests and predators. WARNING: People are discussing problems with predators, that includes things such as fox and bird of prey attack. Such posts may not be nice viewing, but are acceptable.

Moderator: Moderators

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

MEGA fox zone

Post by MamaOwl » 03 Jan 2018, 19:30

The house we are renovating has a back garden FULL of fox dens...

How on earth do I even start to relocate them?

:cry:
Mum to 5, grandmother to 2, wife to 1

CP

Re: MEGA fox zone

Post by CP » 03 Jan 2018, 22:01

Barrowloads of lion poo? :lol:

Sure they're fox & not badger? Only thing I can think of is a local pest control company?

Oh, I don't put any chickens in the garden just yet...... #-o (sorry, couldn't resist!)
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 04 Jan 2018, 09:52

Deffo foxes as our neighbours have viewed them from their balcony, his exact words were "You know you have about 40 foxes living under your lawn?".... I doubt that very much but the lawn is a mass of potholes.
Does lion poo scare them then?
I'm thinking once we start digging up the lawn they will run off? Attack us? lol

OOhhhhh one more thing... when do they birth? I don't want to be digging up cubs!

CP

Post by CP » 04 Jan 2018, 10:28

Not too sure about lion poo but I heard it was supposed to scare them off. They may vacate while you're working there I suppose, if there's a lot of disruption but they may try to come back.

They give birth around March.
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 04 Jan 2018, 15:05

oohhhh I doubt we'll be ready for the garden by then.... cool.

kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by kated » 04 Jan 2018, 15:45

Rumour hath it that if a human man (as opposed to any other sort of man ;) ) pees around the garden it warns them off - worked for my brother in Croydon.

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 21 Jan 2018, 22:11

Right then.... I will get all my sons (3) and hubby to the property this week, give them copious amounts of liquids and demand they piss!!!!! lmao

subruss

Post by subruss » 23 Jan 2018, 10:04

If you do get a pest control company and this includes councils please make sure they don't just trap them and dump them further out in the countryside. Foxes used to human activity dumped in the countryside are a much worse problem than the truly wild foxes

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 23 Jan 2018, 12:32

Noted