MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

From Orpingtons to Ostrich. Hybrids, pure breeds or just your breeds. Watermael to waterfowl. Put all your general posts here.

Moderator: Moderators

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 23 Dec 2017, 14:16

:snowman :santa :santa: :reindeer: :snowman :santa :santa: :reindeer: :snowman :santa :santa: :reindeer:

hens.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mum to 5, grandmother to 2, wife to 1

CP

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

Post by CP » 23 Dec 2017, 14:57

Merry Christmas to you too, MamaOwl! :santa :occasion7:

And everyone who still manages to view these pages once in a while!
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by kated » 23 Dec 2017, 19:43

Merry Christmas and a peaceful, healthful New Year to all our readers!

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 30 Dec 2017, 11:54

Well we have had one of the best Christmases in a long long time... and... I didnt fall sick this year!

I am so looking forward to 2018.... My Mother has agreed to sign her old abandoned house over to me ... It's packed to the rafters with rubbish and has been home to pigeons for a few years so you can imagine the carnage awaiting!

But.... we will throw ourselves in to renovating the old girl and hopefully celebrate next Christmas in my childhood home!

CP

Post by CP » 30 Dec 2017, 17:17

:reindeer: :occasion9: :occasion7: Sounds like a very nice Christmas present, although with loads of work to do but you have a whole year to do it in! Whereabouts is the house?

Glad to hear your Christmas has been a good one. Ours, not so good this year with everyone being ill in some way over the festive period.

Roll on 2018, I hope it will be better than the last. ;)
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 30 Dec 2017, 18:03

I feel 2018 will be good for a lot of us!

The house is here in Southend-on-Sea, we bought it in 1979.

I hear you with the sickness... the last 5 years I have had flu and am amazed I haven't this year! It knocks me out for 6 weeks every bloody year... urghhhhhh....

CP

Post by CP » 30 Dec 2017, 18:15

Both my sons have had coughs & colds, with one having a mild ear infection too.
I've had the vomiting & diarrhea bug & so has my mum's care home for the last 2 weeks!
Hubby has had 'man-flu' which everyone knows is the absolute worst so everyone else has to suffer too! :lol:

Thankfully we're all recovered now, in time for the New Year.
Happy in Hampshire!

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 30 Dec 2017, 19:02

oh my goodness!!!!!

Well I will add you to my meditation tonight and ward off all other bugs for 12 months at least!!!

Bless you, you poor family! xx

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 31 Dec 2017, 11:18

HAVE A GOOD EVENING WHATEVER YOU ARE PLANNING (cup of tea and Jules Holland in bed for me!) ....

HAPPY NEW YEAR

CP

Post by CP » 31 Dec 2017, 11:40

Not much goes on in our house either! Husband usually asleep in bed, or sometimes wakes up & we usually watch the fireworks on the TV & maybe toast in the New Year with a glass of something, but I'm more than happy with a cup of tea too!

My boys may go out to a party, so sometimes I am taxi driver for the night anyway & can't drink, but it doesn't bother me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Happy in Hampshire!

kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by kated » 01 Jan 2018, 11:26

No Christmas here at all :( Hubby started in November with two colds in 6 weeks, then head shingles, followed by Bell's Palsy ending up with Gastritis caused by the steroids for the Bells Palsy. Christmas dinner is still in the freezer and I anticipate it being there until around Easter.....

Still, at least I kept fairly fit and lost more than half a stone looking after the invalid, so it's an ill wind!

A Happy healthful and prosperous New Year to all our readers!

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 03 Jan 2018, 19:26

Oh my goodness Kate!!!!!!

You poor poor family :-(

Sending HUGE healing vibes his way.... and your way too...

CP

Post by CP » 03 Jan 2018, 21:54

Oh, my word, your poor husband!

At least all my household's illnesses were spread out over 4 people - your husband had them all himself! :shock:

I do hope he's much better by now & that you enjoy your 'Christmas' dinner at Easter or whenever. And I hope you didn't succumb to anything either. :-&
Happy in Hampshire!