Nostril enlarged Polish hen

Here is the section to ask for help and advice on poultry health matters. You should remember that we and our members may not be qualified to diagnose problems with your animals or to prescribe medications. If you are at all worried you should consult a vet. Any advice is just what each member has found to have worked in their own situation and does not constitute a diagnosis from a member of The Poultry Keeper Forums.

Moderator: Moderators

polish2018

Nostril enlarged Polish hen

Post by polish2018 » 14 May 2018, 16:33

I've a little Polish hen about 5 or 6 years old, seems very happy and is still laying feeding and drinking fine one of her nostrils has enlarged? It seems to be quite dry and not seeming to cause any problems. Any ideas or help would be appreciated - thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CP

Re: Nostril enlarged Polish hen

Post by CP » 07 Jun 2018, 10:54

A shame no one had any advice for you polish2018. :( I've certainly not come across this problem before.

Did you manage to find out anything & did your hen recover? [-o<
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Re: Nostril enlarged Polish hen

Post by kated » 09 Jun 2018, 13:13

No real answer for you but I had an OEG bantam with the same thing and it didn't seem to bother her any. I took her to the vet who removed some of it but it was stressful for her and as she was an old bird, I didn't want to continue. The bit that the vet removed grew back and blocked her nostril again.