Poorly pullet

Here is the section to ask for help and advice on poultry health matters. You should remember that we and our members may not be qualified to diagnose problems with your animals or to prescribe medications. If you are at all worried you should consult a vet. Any advice is just what each member has found to have worked in their own situation and does not constitute a diagnosis from a member of The Poultry Keeper Forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Wiggins

Poorly pullet

Post by Wiggins » 16 Aug 2012, 15:53

:cry:
HI everyone I am new to the site and could do with a bit of advice from experienced chicken keepers. TWo weeks ago my husband and I got 4 Faveroles within a few days two of the four died, nothing looked wrong with them but when we checked in the morning they were dead. NOw one of the remaining two is looking really sick, she has been eating and drinking ok but has one red swollen up eye has been sneezing and has been quite listless not moving around very much bu she does have sudden bursts of activity. I have been letting her roam around garden and she seems to perk up and even managed to catch a fly! My husband has injected her a couple of times with Tylan and she seemed ok within an hour or two. my dilemma is should we cull her to stop any suffering or do you think she may improve and get better?
Any advice would be great.
MAny thanks
Sara