Big Thank You!!!

Here is the section to ask for help and advice on poultry health matters. You should remember that we and our members may not be qualified to diagnose problems with your animals or to prescribe medications. If you are at all worried you should consult a vet. Any advice is just what each member has found to have worked in their own situation and does not constitute a diagnosis from a member of The Poultry Keeper Forums.

Moderator: Moderators

shirley9937

Big Thank You!!!

Post by shirley9937 » 02 Mar 2012, 12:47

I don't post very often on the site as I don't really have the experience to give advice. I do look on here from time to time, especially when my chook is poorly, which was this week. Couldn't work out what it was until I read Allister's thread - sour crop. I immediately made the poor old girl sick and kept an eye on her. It really was touch and go, she wasn't eating or drinking and I felt terrible making her sick and then turning round and trying to get some food and water down her throat!! She was so weak that I really thought I was going to lose her. Following your advice I went out and bought some Daktarin which I gave to her 3 times a day (obviously not telling the chemist it was for a chicken). Today I opened up her coop dreading having to go through it all again - but hurrah her crop is back to normal and she's running round the garden and eating and drinking!!!! I will continue to give her the Daktarin for a few days.

What I really wanted to say was "THANK YOU" to everyone who asks for help to those who fantastically give it - I'm sure it saved my girl!!!

Have a good weekened xxxx