Help soft shelled eggs

Here is the section to ask for help and advice on poultry health matters. You should remember that we and our members may not be qualified to diagnose problems with your animals or to prescribe medications. If you are at all worried you should consult a vet. Any advice is just what each member has found to have worked in their own situation and does not constitute a diagnosis from a member of The Poultry Keeper Forums.

Moderator: Moderators

ceramictiler

Help soft shelled eggs

Post by ceramictiler » 13 Feb 2012, 19:37

Hi all

I'll try and tell you all i can. Got 5 hybrids about 5/6 months ago and have fallen for the feathered egg laying machines. All has been great up till now. Eggs production has started to go down to 3/day average where as 2 weeks ago we were getting 5/day this is fine as we were expecting them to slow down in the cold weather. We noticed yesterday that our normal brown type chicken (im sure there is a more technical name for Flo) was not acting herself, we checked on her last night at about this time and found near her an egg with a very soft shell. She seemed fine this morning and started to eat. when i got in this evening she was very subdued and seemed a bit down. we have just checked again and she has just laid another soft shelled egg.

Any help or advice would be great

Thanks
Adam