Rabbits!

Moderator: Moderators

Bluebubbles
Chick
Chick

Rabbits!

Post by Bluebubbles » 28 Jun 2016, 17:00

Just wondering if their are any other bunny parents on here?

We have 2 rabbits along with the hens! We used to split garden time between the hens and bunnies but we can now let all 5 of them have play time in the garden at the same time (supervised) with no trouble - if anything they just ignore each other!

We did find it hilarious when we found all 5 of them in the coop together - I think the rabbits want to give roosting a go! :lol:

BB x

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rabbits!

Post by MamaOwl » 29 Nov 2017, 15:06

We have a rescue rabbit, his name is Fosters (last one was Budweiser... don't blame me blame hubby!)

He is a Blue Himalayan Netherland Dwarf and was given up for adoption due to severe aggressive behaviour....

He is anything BUT agressive... he's the softest, snuggliest bunny ever...

Here is a photo of his the day we rescued him, he looks a bit wide eyed here but I think it's the first time anyone had hugged him :-(
24 August Fosters.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mum to 5, grandmother to 2, wife to 1

kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by kated » 30 Nov 2017, 10:48

A pet rabbit was dumped on me years ago and I cared for him for 4 years after which he succumbed to mixy - I had assumed that one vaccination per year was sufficient, that was what the vet said. Subsequently discovered it should have been two! Gutted. Just saying, if you think your rabbit may be visited by wild ones, two mixy vaccinations per year!

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 30 Nov 2017, 11:21

Aww no poor fluffy!!
Mum to 5, grandmother to 2, wife to 1