PIGEONS AND GUANO DISPOSAL....

An area for discussion of problems with pests and predators. WARNING: People are discussing problems with predators, that includes things such as fox and bird of prey attack. Such posts may not be nice viewing, but are acceptable.

Moderator: Moderators

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

PIGEONS AND GUANO DISPOSAL....

Post by MamaOwl » 30 Dec 2017, 11:57

Good morning!!

Does anyone know any facts about the disposal of dead pigeons and their guano?

I am talking a LOT of cadavers here... possibly 200+ and a lot of sh*t!!!!! :shock:

Can I black bag it all up and leave for domestic removal or do I need to organise something paid for?

Can I for example bag them up and drive them to the tip?
Mum to 5, grandmother to 2, wife to 1

CP

Re: PIGEONS AND GUANO DISPOSAL....

Post by CP » 30 Dec 2017, 17:47

Not sure about disposal but please ensure you at least wear a mask when dealing with them. You don't want to breathe in the dust. :shock:

As you're allowed to double bag rats & dead chickens & put them in the normal bin, I would guess you can do the same with pigeons. The only problem may be the excessive amount!
Might be worth phoning the local council & asking because what may be allowed in one area might not be in another?

Good luck! :tongue2:
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PIGEONS AND GUANO DISPOSAL....

Post by MamaOwl » 30 Dec 2017, 17:59

I have a valve mask for all of us dealing with it... just a normal dust mask with valve... should be ok?

I didn't realise you could double bag some cadavers.... well.... as we are only doing a few hours here and there I am guessing we will only have about 20 cadavers a week for the domestic collection... even that is a lot but the house has been open to birds for almost 3 years.

There was even a Kestrel body there :-(
Mum to 5, grandmother to 2, wife to 1