red mite , Elanco Elector

An area for discussion of problems with pests and predators. WARNING: People are discussing problems with predators, that includes things such as fox and bird of prey attack. Such posts may not be nice viewing, but are acceptable.

Moderator: Moderators

red mite , Elanco Elector

Postby soufle » 03 Sep 2014, 09:53

I cant find the original thread but I mentioned a few weeks back that I was going to try Elector to try and solve a recurring red mite problem.
Well, I'm pretty certain it has worked well, peace prevaileth in the coops and girls are going to bed at the correct time instead of hovering about outside until the last minute. Strangely ,it seemed to be only in the one coop.
It cost £21 I think and did two coops ( 1@ 6x4 and 1@4x4 )and to do my new coop I would need two bottles but if it works and I aim to do it twice yearly then that might be cheap at the side of all the miscelaneous items Ive bought to battle the red scourge.
I got this on prescription from my vet .Wether it is available in larger quantities to hobbyists I dont know but will make enquiries.

2 people like this post.
soufle
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 70 posts

Re: red mite , Elanco Elector

Postby Henwife » 03 Sep 2014, 17:13

Always good to learn of a new product that works. Currently I've got sufficient Ficam W to last until fall off my own perch I think, as I downsized some time back, but am loath to let it go since use by dates don't seem to appply.
Guinea fowl & a lot of surplus poultry equipment.
Henwife
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Liked in: 302 posts

Postby PixieDust » 07 Sep 2014, 16:43

Glad to hear this worked. :thumbright:
One wonderful bloke, one Cocker Spaniel. Girls arrived 15/11/14 Columbine - Winter, (Winnie), Bluebell - Pixie, Light Sussex, - Lillith, (Lily).
Black Copper Maran - Autumn, (Pob) RIP 15/12/14
PixieDust
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 48 posts

Postby Sutty999 » 24 Sep 2014, 13:00

Hi, I've just joined the forum (I've been a member of another forum for quite a while). I've been looking at Elector recently, can you say where you bought it as I have struggled to find a supplier in the UK?
Sutty999

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Sutty999 » 01 Oct 2014, 13:16

Well I just found a UK supplier - but sells in 1 litre containers: 1 L is £297.50 + carriage + V.A.T. !!!!!!!
Sutty999

Liked in: 0 post

Postby CP » 03 Oct 2014, 09:24

Blimey! I thought FicamW was expensive!!
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero
CP

Liked in: 167 posts

Return to Pests and Predators