Foxes

An area for discussion of problems with pests and predators. WARNING: People are discussing problems with predators, that includes things such as fox and bird of prey attack. Such posts may not be nice viewing, but are acceptable.

Moderator: Moderators

CP

Re: Foxes

Post by CP » 17 Dec 2012, 03:04

Wow, what an amazing recovery! Lucky girl! :grin:
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

Bhindi
Hen
Hen

Post by Bhindi » 17 Dec 2012, 11:04

yes , a heart warming story, so pleased she is back with you.
I 'still' don't eat things that had a face!

Ellen Rose

Post by Ellen Rose » 20 Jan 2013, 02:00

Sorry to hear of your devastating loss

But, It was lovely to hear of your hens fight to recover, remarkable! She is your little green shoot!

Wildybeast
Chick
Chick

Post by Wildybeast » 05 Feb 2013, 00:18

I had another two " Problem Foxes " tonight !!!

Two less to cause you folks problems !!!

It's that time of the year when problems like this start to escalate. Lots of young on the way. I'm here to help if anyone local needs it ?

Jim

Kelly-salmon
Pullet
Pullet

Post by Kelly-salmon » 05 Feb 2013, 04:32

I had a fox sniffing around the other day however didn't stay very long when my two large dogs ( one being a Doberman the other a lab cross boxer) caught sight of it and considering my two dogs sleep in a kennel outside which we have now moved next to the chickens I doubt it will be back and if it does there the electric fence to contend with which my two dogs knows to avoid