Chicken eating from my mouth??!

Moderator: Moderators

Chicken eating from my mouth??!

Postby lifeflower » 22 Jul 2015, 11:15

I have a 3 month old Bantam who thinks it's the most wonderful thing when she eats my saliva from my mouth... as weird as that sounds.
I want to know if anyone else has had this? She will just sit on my chest and wait til I go to speak or breathe and she'll stick her head in my mouth and gobble up spit! Ewwwwwww! :shock:
lifeflower
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 1 post

Re: Chicken eating from my mouth??!

Postby subruss » 22 Jul 2015, 11:46

try keeping your mouth shut :lol: :thumbright:

2 people like this post.
subruss

Liked in: 354 posts

Postby CP » 22 Jul 2015, 12:09

I've edited out your advertising URL, Lifeflower as it was inappropriate for this site & had nothing to do with your actual post. I don't know if it you added it unintentionally but please read through & edit your posts if necessary before hitting the 'send' button. ;)
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero
CP

Liked in: 166 posts

Postby laffinfowl » 25 Jul 2015, 09:39

Apart from the good advice from Subruss.....i can,t help wondering how unhygenic is that,high risk i would say of picking up something there....i,ve never had it because the chances of any of my birds sitting up on my chest in the first place would be zero.
What do you do ? lie on the ground for it or it jumps up on you ??
laffinfowl
Hen
Hen

Liked in: 197 posts

Postby organic chick » 01 Aug 2015, 06:24

As the human mouth contains more bacteria than a dogs (often including symptom free oral candida dangerous to hens) you may wish to have a chat to your hen about finding an alternative fun activity!!
Penny and Freckles - the WArren Girls'
Star and Flopsy (the latter of the floppy comb) both members of the White Star Faction.
Fedora and Florence the Cream Legbars
Emily (see Emily lay) and Erica the Light Sussex babes
1 current husband aka the structural engineer
1 large organic allotment
The Lady Isabella Pickford-Fiennes, a feline of distinction and excellent mouser
organic chick
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 124 posts

Postby MamaOwl » 13 Aug 2015, 16:31

lifeflower wrote:I have a 3 month old Bantam who thinks it's the most wonderful thing when she eats my saliva from my mouth... as weird as that sounds.
I want to know if anyone else has had this? She will just sit on my chest and wait til I go to speak or breathe and she'll stick her head in my mouth and gobble up spit! Ewwwwwww! :shock:

What the actual...??? :-&

lifeflower wrote: as weird as that sounds.

Dy'a think!!? :tard:

lifeflower wrote: I want to know if anyone else has had this?

Um... no..

Perhaps make sure the water containers are full in future and perhaps check your account hasn't been hacked and someone is posting as you because lady.. That was weird as hell.. and IM considered weird!
Mum to 5, (youngish lol) grandmother to 2.

CP likes this post.
MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 218 posts

Return to Chickens