Hens need a lift from North Wales to Newcastle!

An area for people to offer lifts, pickups, "courier" type services for animals and sundries. And an area for people to ask if anyone is able to help.

To be able to post a NEW thread, you need to be a member of the Poultry Mart group. This is to help protect posters and other members.

Moderator: Moderators

Zippytiptoes

Hens need a lift from North Wales to Newcastle!

Post by Zippytiptoes » 13 Apr 2011, 13:32

Hi,

I want to buy some hens from a lady in North Wales but I live in Newcastle!

I am buying really specific hens for a dementia project to help stimulate older people and encourage them to remenisce about their past, which in turn helps to make sense of their present life for them and their carers. So far, the planning and preparatory stages of the project have been very successful but I just need to get their hens!!!

Does anyone have any idea if a courier would transport hens from Wales to Newcastle and if so, how much they would charge? Or is there anyone out there who may by chance be coming to the Noth East from Wales...I doubt it, but as we say in Newcastle...Shy bairns get nowt!

Thanks so much for any help you can offer!

Cheers

Jos

smileysal

Re: Hens need a lift from North Wales to Newcastle!

Post by smileysal » 13 Apr 2011, 13:52

Can you not get suitable hens a bit nearer to you? There are alot of useful people here who may be able to help?

kerridwen

Re: Hens need a lift from Wales to Newcastle!

Post by kerridwen » 13 Apr 2011, 21:38

Amtrak were the only couriers I knew that took small pets, sadly they sent belly up in 2008. Such a shame as although they were expensive they provided an excellent service. I used them on a number of occassions when our racing pigeons "got lost" and ended up in someone elses loft :roll:

There are "pet taxis" out there but they are incredibly expensive as they charge per mile.

Best of luck with the project, having a mother with Alzhiemers I know how important these projects can be for the patients and the carers.

DrRob72

Post by DrRob72 » 13 Apr 2011, 21:46

Hi Jos,
Speak with Sarah Holden at Happy Chicks her company is based near blackpool and she has or uses a courier service to transport livestock maybe she could help you.

Her website is...

http://www.happychicks.co.uk/

It is worth giving her a call or email - as if she cannot do it herself she maybe able to offer a suggestion.

Regards
Dr Rob & Sarah.

birdsofparadise

Post by birdsofparadise » 14 Apr 2011, 09:28

I live in North Wales and my Mother in Law is in the North East will probably be visiting end of May pm me if that may help.

What hens are you buying?