Gifts for your pets?

A section for all other animals kept as pets.

Moderator: Moderators

brooksidepoultry
Pullet
Pullet

Gifts for your pets?

Post by brooksidepoultry » 24 Dec 2012, 21:13

Ok I know it may sound daft & soppy but which of you like me actually buy a birthday or xmas present for your pets (Generally cats, dogs & horses but other pets can be included) - I only spend a couple of quid on like a few different treats & a cheap toy or blanket & they love it it sounds daft but I currently do not have kids (Yet) so my dog & 2 cats are sorta my babies & I don't buy them 2 much just an odd thing like above so their not spoiled - to me its just a bit of fun & they really do love ripping the xmas paper off & playing with the toys like kids - opinions please xxx
A country lass who loves it all x.

crazypianolady
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Re: Gifts for your pets?

Post by crazypianolady » 24 Dec 2012, 23:28

I kept GSDs for a long time, and yes, they always had a present or two to open Christmas morning. A new toy, or a special treat. :)

NCOTB
Pullet
Pullet

Post by NCOTB » 25 Dec 2012, 00:57

All mine get pressies of some sort :lol: just wrapping them now

Chris Kurzfeld
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by Chris Kurzfeld » 26 Dec 2012, 07:27

Another who buys for my pets - meal worms for the chooks, toys and treats for the dogs, extra "Dreamies" for the cats and the sheep got extra hay and some cabbage :grin: - I even buy toys for a friends cats :grin:
Chris

love me, love my 4 dogs, 3 cats, over 100 chickens (but don't tell OH) and 7 sheep - oops, almost forgot the 2 tanks of fish!

I live in my own little world but it's ok - they know me here!

Moriarty

Post by Moriarty » 26 Dec 2012, 08:40

ha ha it's not just me that does these daft things!!!! So glad there are fellow nutters out there wrapping presents for their pets!
my chooks: Sage&Onion, Roger the randy cockerel, Squawkbox, Bonnie 'N' Clyde, Pancakes, Custard, Omelette & EggNog. Plus four garden cats and another half dozen feral ones that I feed. And a nursery of pipistrelle bats in the verandah roof ..

crazypianolady
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by crazypianolady » 26 Dec 2012, 09:16

:lol: I don't think we're nutters at all - I used to rate the doggie family members much higher than some of the more distant human relatives...................... ;) :lol:

Pekinmum

Post by Pekinmum » 29 Dec 2012, 09:35

crazypianolady wrote::lol: I don't think we're nutters at all - I used to rate the doggie family members much higher than some of the more distant human relatives...................... ;) :lol:
Me too! I dont have children but I have my fur babies :) Im not the only one to by my dogs gifts, my mum and grandma also got them some toys for Christmas. We also send cards to our friends dogs from our dogs at Christmas. I really dont care if people think I'm odd, my animals are important to me, and my husband knows I'd always pick the dogs over him :lol:

hall100

Post by hall100 » 19 Mar 2013, 12:54

Hello guys..I totally read out your ideas about the gift but when my cat pet is coming birthday i purchased the small German shepherd toy which i think at that time is the best gift for my pet cat.