Horsey people!

A section for all other animals kept as pets.

Moderator: Moderators

megnum

Horsey people!

Post by megnum » 26 Feb 2009, 19:29

Calling out to horsey people you may already have heard of this but www.equinesection.com is a website in which you can get involved in saving a horse,pony mule or donkey from slaughter in France. I have rescued one and to this day I have never regretted it she is so lovely with no flaws so please if you can, get involved. PM me if you want more info. Megan

milkmaid
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Re: Horsey people!

Post by milkmaid » 27 Feb 2009, 08:07

i hear what you are saying but both gizzy and debs ,have got horses that where going to be shipped ,for meat ,and at york i there were 20 horses left at the end of the sale ,that were sent ,meat men didn't bid on them so at the end they were given them free ,it's such a sad situation ,so there is quite a few horses here now that need rescuing ,the horse rescues are full with some of them having months waiting lists ,we have been offered 3 free in the last couple of months a though bred and a 14.1 and the other i cannot remember ,and a filly i liked the look of which was up for sale for 600 ,i've just been offered again for 100 :shock:
my glad you helped your horse though :grin:
suz
rose comb white dorking nut

megnum

Post by megnum » 27 Feb 2009, 08:33

These are actually in France and will be shipped over to Italy- they are at a fattening farm at present. Megan :(

milkmaid
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by milkmaid » 27 Feb 2009, 08:42

it is sad
suz
rose comb white dorking nut

SkyChild
Chick
Chick

Post by SkyChild » 27 Feb 2009, 11:55

Oh that's so sad!
I wish people would think before beign cruel to any animals, horses being slaughtered for meat, battery hens etc
I only wish I had space for a horse, or could afford it.
Will spread the word to people who might be in a better situation for keeping horses!