Help/advice needed please.

A section for all other animals kept as pets.

Moderator: Moderators

Chris Kurzfeld
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Re: Help/advice needed please.

Post by Chris Kurzfeld » 07 Feb 2009, 10:51

????? Where has dusty's reply gone ????????
Chris

love me, love my 4 dogs, 3 cats, over 100 chickens (but don't tell OH) and 7 sheep - oops, almost forgot the 2 tanks of fish!

I live in my own little world but it's ok - they know me here!

Dusty
Hen
Hen

Post by Dusty » 11 Feb 2009, 10:08

:( 'Tis showing under 'search author bit' :!:

bronskibeat
Hen
Hen

Post by bronskibeat » 15 Feb 2009, 19:01

Thats really sad Chris, I'm so sorry about Sage :(

Just a thought, you dont think she could have some form of epilepsy do you? My first collie Jake developed it over a short period of time. He started out by being noise sensitive to loud bangs etc, then was fine with those but certain music would start him screaming such as theme music to Antiques Roadshow, Eastenders, theme tune to the BBC radio version of Lord of the Rings... in short, music that had brass instruments were a nightmare. He then started to have periods of "absences" where he did odd things and didnt recognise us for a few minutes. He would attack our Lab bitch for no reason sometimes too. Then he started to fit, these progressed rapidly despite serious medication to clusters where for an hour or more he would be in status epilepticus (sp?) then the only way to stop him fitting was to anaesthetize him. When it got to this stage, we took the heartbreaking decision to have him put to sleep at just 3 years old. From starting to be noise sensitive to losing him took only 11 months. The vets diagnosed epilepsy but I think now that he maybe had something else such as a brain tumour as I've never come across idiopathic epilepsy that progressed as rapidly as his did.

I hope you all find some way to cope with this, I know it must be a devastating time for you all xx
Blue is best