dressage

A section for all other animals kept as pets.

Moderator: Moderators

scottish vamps

dressage

Post by scottish vamps » 30 Aug 2008, 00:39

in dressage is there a misunderstanding? i just showed the other half a clip of anky to see what i love to watch but he reacted by telling me he was upset by it as the horse shouldn't be made to do this. i completely disagree as the horses love to do this. most horses are either lazy or theive on work.
thoughts?
lisa

debcat
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by debcat » 30 Aug 2008, 00:50

OH doesn't get dressage at all :?
we're all sane it's the rest of the world thats mad!

Auntie Katie
Hen
Hen

Post by Auntie Katie » 30 Aug 2008, 06:22

From my limited experience with horses (watching from my nice cosy office) I'd quite like to see anybody make one do something it doesn't want to - especially as gorgeously as that! :D

I thought it showed a lot of hard work and training on both rider and horses part and that there must be an excellent trusting relationship between the two or surely it wouldn't come over so well?

I can't watch it anymore because she's so gorgeous it makes me cry ( :oops: ) and I've also spent hours trawling through you tube but haven't found anything anywhere as good as that.

Gilly C
Hen
Hen

Post by Gilly C » 30 Aug 2008, 11:53

I like to watch some dressage but couldn't watch it all day, we come from Bramham and used to go to the Horse Trials every year after moving away we used to take the caravan haven't been for about 10 years but watching the olympics made me realise how much I had missed it ! Cross country is my favourite, my neice has just started competing though we had horses we never competed just enjoyed hacking out

scottish vamps

Post by scottish vamps » 30 Aug 2008, 13:07

I love dressage, the beutiy that can be produced through a partnership. I think he thinks they're all forced into dancing as he puts it like" idiots". finally mangaed to get him to drop it this morning
lisa

Teasal

Post by Teasal » 30 Aug 2008, 22:32

As I said on a previous post, one of my Dales is excellent at dressage. Not your average dressage pony - a heavyweight, feathered legs, 15.2hh. Her owner had an interest in dressage ,and being on a dressage yard, there was opportunity for lessons and competitions. I have had this mare on loan, and when we arrived at our local riding clubs dressage competition, I could almost hear the whispers saying no way could that cart horse do dressage. Well, she can, and did - coming second that day!! The people who came up to us afterwards and said well done, was amazing!!

I am not really a dressage person, but do like to watch a dressage test.

milkmaid
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by milkmaid » 31 Aug 2008, 18:51

these are what she used to ride teasel :wink: ,it was difficult to get anywhere to keep them here though ,dales have lovely paces :wink:
hope it's not to big,they belong to someone on the forum :D
suz
rose comb white dorking nut

Teasal

Post by Teasal » 31 Aug 2008, 21:09

I like coloureds! My friend does dressage on her coloured mare, but she is a lot lighter legged than our ponies. I will try and post a pic of our dressage Dales - my pics will come out large and I do not seem able to reduce them.

bronskibeat
Hen
Hen

Post by bronskibeat » 02 Sep 2008, 19:27

Speaking from experience :roll: :lol: its not possible to make a horse do dressage that doesnt want to. They get very tense and "blow" so its not worth it. Plus, the judges arent blind, if it looks like the horse isnt enjoying it, the marks reflect that and so there is no point struggling on with something that hates it. I rode at advanced 3 day level, believe me, if a horse doesnt want to do something, a puny person on board will not make a half tonne sentient lump of bone and muscle do it!! My advanced boy loved the wreckage, he thought everyone was there specially to see him and he really used to show off for the crowds and judges 8) :lol: The bigger the comp and the more flowers there were, the better he went :roll: :lol:

By the way, in my humble opinion, Blue Hors Matine more than gives Anky a run for her money :wink:
Blue is best

scottish vamps

Post by scottish vamps » 03 Sep 2008, 07:56

He sounds like a beast that old lad of yours, i do agree about blue hors matine is set to give anky a run, altho bonfire ( one of anky's) hasn't competed this year from what i've seen.

bronskibeat
Hen
Hen

Post by bronskibeat » 03 Sep 2008, 10:21

No I know, and Blue Hors Matine has been off through injury too :( Will be clash of the Titans when they are both back on the circuit, roll on WEG's is all I can say :D :D
Blue is best

scottish vamps

Post by scottish vamps » 04 Sep 2008, 20:52

oh yes, looking forward to it. i saw looking through youtube and found nothing that was interesting apart from those two i'm afraid. i few that were good but not up to the same class and beauty!
gizmo

bronskibeat
Hen
Hen

Post by bronskibeat » 04 Sep 2008, 22:17

:wink: :D

love your pony too :D
Blue is best

scottish vamps

Post by scottish vamps » 05 Sep 2008, 21:26

mine or teasals?

bronskibeat