All laying in the same nest

Moderator: Moderators

georget
Chick
Chick

All laying in the same nest

Post by georget » 20 Feb 2014, 16:23

Finally after a month all 4 are laying in the same nest.The first egg laid was found in the feed trough :scratch: which is outside in the run under a shelter i built.The second one the day after was on the ledge where one of the nest boxes is.The 3rd egg the same day was in the middle of the coop under the perches.Ii then put 2 nice small wicker baskets in one either side which Id found dumped,half filled them with straw and they immediately started laying in them.2 in one 2 in the other..I get 2 eggs a day from 4 pullets, but last night whe I went to lock them up lo and behold 4 eggs in one nest =D> Well done girls.Funny things arent they.

jillychick
Pullet
Pullet

Re: All laying in the same nest

Post by jillychick » 20 Feb 2014, 19:35

They are always eager to teach you something new 8-[ I've had eggs in dust baths a large plant pot with a plant in it! Now when the egg box is light on eggs I do a search of the garden. I'm currently cutting back the shrubs I've got my suspicions something going on under there :roll:
1 very lovely Golden Retriever 2 Dutch Rabbits ( belonging to my grandson ) no snobs in my bunch of hens 2 Ambers. 1Black Tail 2 Copper marans. 4 White Leghorns 1 Gold Top constantly broody! Nugget the cockerel and his sister petal
Oh and a very lovely husband who puts up with my pets because he loves me very much.