Strange yolks

Moderator: Moderators

Moodymare

Strange yolks

Post by Moodymare » 11 Sep 2013, 09:51

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting very pale yolks from one of my girls. They are all very healthy and happy. Also it seems to me that all the eggs have very rubbery whites. :?

laffinfowl
Hen
Hen

Re: Strange yolks

Post by laffinfowl » 11 Sep 2013, 21:32

How old is the hen in question,anytime i,ve seen this question asked its never been answered with any certainty,the normal answer is are they getting enough greens,grass,dandelions,cabbage etc.
Myself i think its usually a hen thats coming to the end of her laying years that produces eggs like these or a hen thats coming into moult,if its neither of these sometimes a good splash of CLO on their grain can help.

Also if you type pale yolks into the search engine(top right hand corner) theres a good few posts on the subject.

Moodymare

Re: Strange yolks

Post by Moodymare » 11 Sep 2013, 22:01

Thank you for responding. I bought the hens 2 months ago as POL. They do have a run with grass in but funnily enough I have extended it today as although there is lots of grass in it, they seem to have killed it all off as it is yellow! I was just wondering how three hens in such a large area could make such a mess. I shall search pale eggs!