Vorwerk

One thread for each breed. Threads are started by a moderator - add information about each breed, and contact us to add another.

Moderator: Moderators

Vorwerk

Postby debcat » 20 Apr 2006, 12:20

thread for vorwerks
we're all sane it's the rest of the world thats mad!
debcat

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby Old Man of the 80's » 09 Sep 2006, 17:40

Has anyone got any of these? Just seen a lovely trio at the market but the price went a little high for me.
Old Man of the 80's

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Fenn » 09 Sep 2006, 18:34

I was going to buy some hatching eggs last time I was at Wernlas, but they didn't have any available unfortunately.

They're gorgeous :D
Fenn

Postby CP » 09 Sep 2006, 19:51

We had a bantam cockerel with our very first chickens. He was beautiful. :D

Now we only have a crossbred hen that looks a little bit like him.
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero
CP

Liked in: 167 posts

Postby mojo » 09 Sep 2006, 19:53

any piccys please?
Give a smile away every day to a stranger............and a hug to a friend
mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Liked in: 25 posts

Postby CP » 09 Sep 2006, 21:59

Well here's one of our X-bred hen, but all the ones of the cockerel were taken before we had a digital camera. :(
I could try rummaging in the loft tomorrow & see if I can find any to scan. :?

Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero
CP

Postby debcat » 09 Sep 2006, 22:44

she looks gorgeous :D
another breed to add to the long list I already have :oops:
we're all sane it's the rest of the world thats mad!
debcat

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby Fenn » 10 Sep 2006, 09:13

Fenn

Postby Old Man of the 80's » 10 Sep 2006, 10:27

Lovely girl CP. Another bird on my wish list then :roll: . Santa's going to need a permit to move livestock at this rate :D .
Old Man of the 80's

Postby CP » 10 Sep 2006, 16:45

Thanks OMofthe80's. :wink: And she's only a cross breed - she's a sort of watered down version as the pure breed colour is much richer.

I was going to look for a photo of the cockerel but it's been a bit hectic here this weekend & I haven't had a chance yet. They are proper pics, not digital ones & are all in the loft.
Happy in Hampshire!

CP

Vorwerks

Postby emarelle » 10 Sep 2006, 19:24

I've 2 young cockerels running with 2 pullets and half a dozen Wyandotte bantams. The Vorwerks are moving into their new coop and run tonight with another little Vorwerk pullet - the Wyandottes have started chasing them even though they're half the Vorwerk size - no blood spilt yet!. The Vorwerks were supposed to be bantam version.........I don't think so :roll: They are very placid and friendly (except when food is about when they'll jump and try to snatch).Beautiful birds and much admired by visitors and just coming up to POL. I'll post some pics when I've worked the digi camera out.
emarelle

Postby CP » 11 Sep 2006, 12:39

Finally managed to scan a nice pic of my cockerel Bertie, in his prime!

Sadly no longer with us. :cry:
Happy in Hampshire!

CP

Postby Old Man of the 80's » 11 Sep 2006, 17:08

Thats a shame. What are the eggs like? Yes I know they are egg-shaped and in shells, full of liquidy gel with an orange bit in the middle!! - Before the smart comments come thick and fast [-X :roll:
Old Man of the 80's

Postby AtomicRooster » 11 Sep 2006, 18:00

cube shape for easy packing :D :lol:
AtomicRooster
Hen
Hen

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby Fenn » 12 Sep 2006, 09:55

Groan...you couldn't resist it, AR, could you? :roll: :P

CP - Bertie was a corker, wasn't he?! What happened to him - old age I hope?
Fenn

Next

Return to Breeds