Showgirls

One thread for each breed. Threads are started by a moderator - add information about each breed, and contact us to add another.

Moderator: Moderators

jojosarah

Re: Showgirls

Post by jojosarah » 17 Apr 2011, 21:50

I'm sorry for you Millipup. It's the principle of the matter isn't it, not the fact that they are selling hatching eggs, but the misrepresentation of a project you started. Anyway i'm glad you managed to get your point across and they have withdrawn their advert.

Cookie is now 7 weeks old and she is out with her hatch mates and the two older (10 weeks) chicks in the grower run. I think i have two boys and three girls. I am off work this week so will take some more pics of her, she is soooooooo beautiful. Just need to get the outside cupboards refurbished into coop with attached runs, so she can have her own family.

jojosarah

Post by jojosarah » 17 Apr 2011, 21:50

I'm sorry for you Millipup. It's the principle of the matter isn't it, not the fact that they are selling hatching eggs, but the misrepresentation of a project you started. Anyway i'm glad you managed to get your point across and they have withdrawn their advert.

Cookie is now 7 weeks old and she is out with her hatch mates and the two older (10 weeks) chicks in the grower run. I think i have two boys and three girls. I am off work this week so will take some more pics of her, she is soooooooo beautiful. Just need to get the outside cupboards refurbished into coop with attached runs, so she can have her own family.

millipup

Post by millipup » 18 Apr 2011, 08:58

:grin: Thanks for that ,Jo -you are right ,I wasnt mad at her for selling the eggs ,but their just wasnt any need to make them out to be something they were most definately not ! At least they did the right thing and withdrew the listing,so no real harm done- I cant remember the last time i was so angry at a stranger,mind :lol: Absolutely love the name Cookie :thumbright:

jojosarah

Post by jojosarah » 18 Apr 2011, 12:02

millipup wrote::grin: Thanks for that ,Jo -you are right ,I wasnt mad at her for selling the eggs ,but their just wasnt any need to make them out to be something they were most definately not ! At least they did the right thing and withdrew the listing,so no real harm done- I cant remember the last time i was so angry at a stranger,mind :lol: Absolutely love the name Cookie :thumbright:

I like Cookie but she also has the nickname Nonek (No-neck) given by my nephew (2 yrs) and my step children. :roll:

jojosarah

Post by jojosarah » 23 Apr 2011, 21:33

She is so grown up now :grin:

DrRob72

Post by DrRob72 » 23 Apr 2011, 22:03

What a wonderful photograph! We have just had 3 hatch today, 1 white pure showgirl, 1 black Silkie and 1 white Silkie,we had quite a few infertile ones and 3 DIS one of which was a flipping black showgirl Ggrrrrrr. ! !

We only have another two eggs which are due to hatch in 2 days one of which I think is another DIS as I cannot see any movement and the shadow is smaller than it should be.
We will be contacting Millipup to try and buy some more eggs.

We will upload some photos shortly.

Regards
Dr Rob & Sarah.
South West Poultry.

WWW.southwest-poultry.com

jojosarah

Post by jojosarah » 23 Apr 2011, 22:09

:grin: She's beautiful isn't she, i am so pleased with her. Can't wait to see you piccies, at least you have one :grin:

millipup

Post by millipup » 23 Apr 2011, 22:11

:grin: Jojo -she is glorious !! (and still looks like a girl to me) .......and Robert is right ,brilliant photo. :thumbright: Give me another week or two and i will sort you some more eggs,Rob I am really pleased with the chicks i have just hatched,want to do one more lot for myself !!

jojosarah

Post by jojosarah » 23 Apr 2011, 22:31

millipup wrote::grin: Jojo -she is glorious !! (and still looks like a girl to me) .......and Robert is right ,brilliant photo. :thumbright: Give me another week or two and i will sort you some more eggs,Rob I am really pleased with the chicks i have just hatched,want to do one more lot for myself !!
Hi Bonnie

Really glad you have been on tonight, so you have seen my beauty. I would love more eggs too, when you are ready of course.

millipup

Post by millipup » 24 Apr 2011, 09:44

:grin: Thats fine ,Jojo-I will send you and Rob a pm as soon as I have some for you \:D/

DrRob72

Post by DrRob72 » 25 Apr 2011, 10:49

Good Morning All,

What a wonderful sunny morning it is out there again, well here we go - the first photographs of our " Lola " Yes - Lola she is a Showgirl with feathers in her hair etc etc (From Copacobana by Barry Manilow).

Isn't she lovely ? !

We do have a toe issue on some of them, we even have one with four toes on one foot and five on the other - so an issue we need to address promptly.

Regards
Dr Rob & Sarah at
South West Poultry.

www.southwest-poultry.com

millipup

Post by millipup » 25 Apr 2011, 11:35

:grin: Dont worry too much about the toes,Rob ,crossing back to a good Silkie will sort that out in the next generation........such a sweet chick ,really nice little fluff-ball !!

Beth82

Post by Beth82 » 25 Apr 2011, 12:52

Millipup, I understand that ebay saga, very much so :x

I used to breed betta fish. I was working with a reputable breeder, who supplied me with females that were to my taste. I got to the 4th generation (this fish are arsey to breed as it is grrrrr) and a local betta collector brought a fair few of these F4's. He went on to sell them, no issue there but he lied and said he had personally bred them. In his ad, he named the parentage line wrongly and that is misleading, esp to those who are after a certain standard/type etc.

I contacted Ebay and the betta club he was part of and they removed his ad and his privalages for x-amount of time. Just annoying when you go to so much work and effort, for someone to do that ](*,)

Pictures are fabulous btw :thumbright:

millipup

Post by millipup » 25 Apr 2011, 14:05

Thank -you ,Beth ! This project is very dear to me ,so I was angry that one person could have really jeopordised its future - the daft thing being that there is such an interest in Showgirls at the moment ,she had absolutely no need to misrepresent what she was selling - the price she was asking for those eggs was fair enough for the stage the hens she had from me were at ! (I think I was more shocked because it was someone who had been here , to my home,and seemed to be a genuine enthusiast ) Still , I have been so lucky in that the few other people -all forum members- who had eggs/birds from me this year have all been very supportive and totally outweighed the bad feeling she created !! :thumbright:
Last edited by millipup on 25 Apr 2011, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

Beth82

Post by Beth82 » 25 Apr 2011, 15:18

They are gorgeous birds :thumbright: