Old English Game

One thread for each breed. Threads are started by a moderator - add information about each breed, and contact us to add another.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Old English Game

Postby tjtommy23 » 20 Oct 2010, 13:24

tweedy do you know north briton im trying to send a mesage to him but it just comes error i dont know why
tjtommy23

Liked in: 1 post

Postby tjtommy23 » 20 Oct 2010, 13:35

hi north briton i hope you read this iv been trying to send you a mesage but it just wont let me.id like to know more about oeg CHICKENS
tjtommy23

Postby tjtommy23 » 24 Oct 2010, 21:09

harrypannell1, hi harry do u breed oxford oeg?
tjtommy23

Postby tjtommy23 » 24 Oct 2010, 21:11

tweedy, hi tweedy what oeg breeds do have?
tjtommy23

Postby tjtommy23 » 24 Oct 2010, 21:14

North Briton, hi north briton my names tom iv been trying for a week to send a mesage to you cus im new here.what OEG breeds have you got?thanks
tjtommy23

Postby tjtommy23 » 24 Oct 2010, 21:25

sory i meant oxford oeg thanks
tjtommy23

Postby tjtommy23 » 24 Oct 2010, 21:27

hi tweedy sory mate i meant oxford OEG what breeds d o you have
tjtommy23

Postby Cordally Chicks » 05 Nov 2010, 14:30

Hi Tweedy,

Photo of my crele cock, I have a cuckoo pullet, if I was to mate them is there a chance of getting a cuckoo male from the mating? I know crossing the pullet with a red/black should produce nice crele males, but would like to get more cuckoo's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cordally Chicks

Postby tweedy » 05 Nov 2010, 17:49

He looks a nice boy. Colouring looks spot on :thumbright: As for crossing with a cuckoo pullet they are in the same colour group so i would imagine you will get a mix of both, may take a while to get it right .
tweedy
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Cordally Chicks » 06 Nov 2010, 08:37

Thanks Tweedy, not got any blacks as I assume they would be easier to get the cuckoo barring , at the moment he running with a wheaten and crele hen, the cuckoo pullet is this years (may) hatch so think she bit young yet.

The neglected two are doing well, act like a proper old couple, he alot better on his legs and runs for his wheat, not getting rid of much of his weight though as he not that active although he does run for his wheat :? The little furnace hen laid 11 eggs so think they happy now :grin:

I bought Dr Battys new book breeding oeg type and colours, very informative and has helped me alot, still confused with the colours though! Still have four books now so maybe one day the penny might drop :-k
Cordally Chicks

Postby tweedy » 06 Nov 2010, 09:25

Colours in oeg can be very confusing but gives you plenty of options to work with. My blacks have just come back into lay.
tweedy
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Postby Cordally Chicks » 06 Nov 2010, 15:50

They are amazing how many eggs they lay! I have little partridge pullet just started laying in Sept she laid 30 eggs so far.
Do you sell your hatching eggs?
Think mating black cockeral to cuckoo hen would get me purer barring than crele as I would asume there would be a gold cast in the hackles with the crele mating and would save on several generations to breed true, although we never know what nature will hand out...
Cordally Chicks

Postby tweedy » 06 Nov 2010, 16:03

Yes some strains lay very well. Ive split mine up for the winter now. Sold most of my youngsters this year and having a break from breeding them.
tweedy
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Postby Cordally Chicks » 06 Nov 2010, 17:24

If you breed in the spring please let me know as I would be very interested. Went to see some blacks but not very good taking your Arthur as a standard and he a handsome lad!
Cordally Chicks

Postby tweedy » 06 Nov 2010, 17:26

Yes i still have him and a few of his aunties and mum.
tweedy
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

PreviousNext

Return to Breeds