Has anyone experienced the R-COM 20 incubator?

From Orpingtons to Ostrich. Hybrids, pure breeds or just your breeds. Watermael to waterfowl. Put all your general posts here.

Moderator: Moderators

R-COM 20 - Buy or Not to buy

Buy
100%
Not to buy
No votes

Total votes: 1

RobMad

Has anyone experienced the R-COM 20 incubator?

Post by RobMad » 14 Jul 2007, 18:16

Im thinking of buying a R-Com 20 incubator but im not sure whether its worth it.

It all sounds pretty good especially when you've eggs that you paid lots of money for that you really want a good hatch rate.

mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by mojo » 14 Jul 2007, 18:21

check other incubby hatch rate before you buy
Give a smile away every day to a stranger............and a hug to a friend

CP

Post by CP » 15 Jul 2007, 02:37

Not sure. :?

It does sound good - all singing, all dancing etc. :lol: But I don't know of anyone who's used one yet & people use other types of incubator & still have good hatch rates.
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

sunnys
Hen
Hen

Post by sunnys » 17 Jul 2007, 12:00

I've been yearning for one of these but now am not so sure, heard some really mixed reports back of issues with humidity sponge causeing problems and people having to wack extra water in due to that. well to me whole point of paying so much for that incubator is that it is easy and trouble free...if it isn't doesn't seem worth it :(
I still fancy one but think I'll wait till they have sorted out teething differculties. prehapse released on sale before issues fully sorted (?)and not funny at that price.
I get good hatches from my octogan20 but for differcult stuff had hoped the r-com could be answer. maybe not yet though.

suz658

Post by suz658 » 25 Jul 2007, 17:40

My hubby bought me a RCom20 as a combined birthday/xmas pressie in May and I love it - I've been using it non stop to hatch various quail, with over 95% successful hatch rate, it would probably be higher with a more experienced user, but I've had no problems with humidity or the sponge. I cant recommend it highly enough