Belt racks

Moderator: Moderators

brooksidepoultry
Pullet
Pullet

Belt racks

Post by brooksidepoultry » 07 Jan 2011, 23:19

Hiya I was just wondering if anyone happens to have any ideas for belt racks to go in wardrobes as the only ones I've currently seen are ones made out of coathangers & in our house they would easily be taken out & thrown away, so I'm trying to think of other ideas like screwing hooks into a peice of wood that is then screwed into the wardrobe any other ideas or pics of previos models made by you guys? xxx
A country lass who loves it all x.

zng109

Re: Belt racks

Post by zng109 » 07 Jan 2011, 23:59

seen them fitted inside the doors like tea towel hangers, yes bit of dowel on the inside of door spaced away like a mini towel rack, think I had an mfi one like that as a kid for ties and belts. on the inside though not outside looks silly otherwise.
In the harsh light of dawn I can remember it now, and the factory made rack was good for ties but rubbish for belts, you need about 1cm clearance for a stiff leather belt.
I camt remember if you are M or F, men normaly have about 4 sensible belts so this would work, women tend to have a lot of well hoops of plastic that are for looking at and not using, so by volume this is a bad idea, its also a bad idea with sliding doors ;)

brooksidepoultry
Pullet
Pullet

Post by brooksidepoultry » 08 Jan 2011, 15:28

ZNG I am offended with you not remebering that I am a woman lol :lol: :oops: :lol: (only joking by the way xxx) But yeah I do happen to have quite a few belts which I do use for both work & fashion (I do love my belts lol) :grin: so that seemsllike quite a good idea with possibly using some quite deep hooks into the wood. I think I've seen those ones on the internet that you were on about were they like metal sliding ones or not as they looked ok but a little tacky xx

zng109

Post by zng109 » 08 Jan 2011, 19:18

sorry being married sort of quashed my interest in gender. i forget and go by the avtar, i thought you were a goose ;)

brooksidepoultry
Pullet
Pullet

Post by brooksidepoultry » 08 Jan 2011, 21:48

Fair enough, tut tut tut :P :lol: