Card Making- sorry should have been in craft bit

Moderator: Moderators

diff87

card making

Post by diff87 » 03 Dec 2008, 00:10

Thank you debcat and dusty glad you like the cards.Dusty I keep cards sent to me and family members and then cut them up and make new cards,when christmas is over all my neighbours save me theres and I recycle into new cards for next year.If I can I scan and print certain cards and make 4-6 copies at one time then I can cut them out for decoupage I save wrapping papers and packageing as they can be cut up and used for layering.I have an evening in front of the TV and do all my cutting out then if someone wants a card its much quicker as I just have to assemble the card.The Encaustic art I have done on white tiles in bathroom and loo.When we where trying to decide what colour to go for my husband wanted white I didnt so we compromised and we have a scattering of my encaustic art in the bathroom in shades of blues and pinkypurples and the loo all shaades of greens.If anyone is interested I will put some photos on now I know how to do it.x

Dusty
Hen
Hen

Post by Dusty » 08 Dec 2008, 00:55

OH had to take some clients (patients at mental health establishment) to bingo yesterday. He joined as well so he could play............his mum will be made up:lol: and he was given a complimentary pressie of a card making set :lol: :lol: so i'm up and running

Coaster

making cards

Post by Coaster » 12 Dec 2008, 12:27

My wife makes cards and has her own site, take a look, she also will make special cards for you. All her cards on the site are for sale all cards made are different no card the same

http://www.trimcraft.co.uk/projectgalle ... 43abc04d46

UPDATED LINK NOW WORKING
Last edited by Coaster on 17 Dec 2008, 08:27, edited 2 times in total.

culzeanchooks
Chick
Chick

card making

Post by culzeanchooks » 16 Dec 2008, 19:32

Hi all lovely reading about other people who make cards and work with encaustic art I have tried to upload photos of my craftwork without any succes! I amke handmade cards and jewellery and sell it in two shops locally! The money comes in and goes straight back out on new craft products, anyone regnize the addiction? Hope everyone is doing their own craft thing I'm sure they are all beautiful even if we can't see photos,
kind regards
Nancy

Dusty
Hen
Hen

Post by Dusty » 16 Dec 2008, 20:42

Hi Coater thank you, unfortunately I cannot open the link :cry:

kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by kated » 16 Dec 2008, 21:06

Dusty, if you click on trimcraft.co.uk written in red within the "cannot open" page it opens and you can search for her cards within that. (I couldn't find them but I'm sure they're there :roll: )

diff87

card making

Post by diff87 » 17 Dec 2008, 02:36

Hi Dusty hope you are enjoying your card making,create and craft on free view and sky have got a great half price sale on and that is a good way to build your stock up as it can get an expensive hobby, dont for get to save all your christmas cards for next years cards or just to experiment. Also look out for left over cards and gift tags they are all handy to have in and can be picked up fairly cheaply in the new year sales.I have lots of card stock and paper so going to sell some to get new stock as I want to work with Dufex decoupage which is new on the market but feel guilty buying it while I have so much stock lol.

diff87

Re: Card Making- sorry should have been in craft bit

Post by diff87 » 14 Jan 2009, 00:17

Hi Dusty just wondering how your card making is going.I have started a new batch working with Dufex I will put some on when I get a good selection.It is really great for decoupage.Take Care Now X

Dusty
Hen
Hen

Post by Dusty » 15 Jan 2009, 20:49

Hi, i've been collecting bits and pieces as advised :D

I've kept some christmas cards which will be cut up to stick bits on and also make labels.

I've got some various ribbon that was in a sale last week.

Sorted a craft mat and scapel, glue etc.

Had a go via microsoft publisher to do printing .......daft computer did it backwards :cry: think I need to practice.

Found a local card craft shop which will be useful as I thought the nearest was going to be Chester....35 miles away

Have to admit it's very relaxing.........just what I needed. :D

ralleydesew

Post by ralleydesew » 22 Jan 2011, 12:42

If you are a Crafter and Individual you are free to use these funnies without asking permission of the writerbut note copyright law applies to the body of work in parts and as a whole individual pieces so far as commercial companies are concerned .