Male Goats At Stud

If you keep other animals for productive purposes, whether for meat, wool or bi-products, here's the area to chat. I mean, you do realise chickens are the gateway drug to other animals, don't you?

Moderator: Moderators

Male Goats At Stud

Postby Sandra2 » 01 Mar 2009, 12:02

If anyone is having a problem finding a male goat for service duties this coming autumn then please contact me and I'll try and put you in touch with someone in your area.
Please note that most will stipulate that your female is CAE Neg Tested and some will only accept females from Scrapie Monitored herds, including myself. Most also have boarding facilities if you have to travel quite a distance.
Please also see that you know which breed to use (British Saanen, Saanen, Anglo-Nubian, British Alpine, British Toggenburg, Toggenburg, Golden Guernsey, British, English, Boer, Pygmy).
Sandra2

Liked in: 1 post

Re: Male Goats At Stud

Postby farmercoop » 02 Mar 2009, 15:20

Hi Sandra,

I MAY be in touch with you later on in the year then! Although i probably will be able to find someone around her through the Notts goat club. Do the breeders only allow pure breed services, i.e An to An or will they allow British Saanen to Anglo Nubian?

thanks

Joe
farmercoop

Postby Sandra2 » 09 Mar 2009, 13:54

Vicky should be able to put you in touch with someone nearby and, yes, if you want to do a crossbreed there's no problem with that. :grin:
Sorry for not getting back earlier but its been a tad manic here! :roll:
Sandra2

Postby farmercoop » 09 Mar 2009, 13:57

Yeah, i thought I may aswell contact Vicki, the person i had my Nubian milker off said I can use his Billy, herd name is Nitram, hes called Martin, from Nottingham, sure you will have seen him at the shows!
farmercoop

Postby Sandra2 » 09 Mar 2009, 14:18

I'd definitely use that one then so you can keep the line. :grin:
Sandra2

Postby Magicbaz » 30 May 2013, 07:04

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369893824.500665.jpg
I need a male goat for Ivy in the north east can you help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Magicbaz

Return to Smallholder animals