Ice Cream

Share your favourite poultry & egg related recipes.

Moderator: Moderators

George

Post by George » 01 Jun 2005, 22:32

Thanks Julia :D

summayah

Post by summayah » 01 Jun 2005, 22:35

what next....is more chickens to provide the eggs to make all the ice cream and other things
another thing to consider is that if you are making ice cream to suit different people, then probably the one that stephen recommended is probably best for you because you don't have to freeze the bowl in the freezer beforehand. Which is why I went for that one ~more money but I don't have space in the freezer to constantly keep a bowl in just in case I want to make ice cream. It takes about 45 mins maximum to make the ice cream, so you could make one type and then another staight after catering for different needs and tastes

NannyP

Post by NannyP » 01 Jun 2005, 22:39

Yes, and get back out there in the garden where you belong Pat :lol: 8) Weld meshing is what we expect from you, not gasing on here like you have time Image Goerge, get him back under control Image

George

Post by George » 01 Jun 2005, 22:46

It's been raining tonight NannyP hence me having the night off :lol:

George has already gone to bed, I'm just about to log off and get some zzzzzs as well, get ready for work tomorrow and then hopefully start the meshing tomorrow night weather permitting. The run and coop will be finished by Sunday night. I'm sure George will post pictures as soon as it is finished although you won't see any of my back the whip he cracks !!!!!!!!

Take care all, good night

I'm sure the night owl will be up in a while to resume the hot seat

Aussie Chick

Post by Aussie Chick » 01 Jun 2005, 22:51

George wrote: The Austrailians are great about things like that,

It's too hot over there for George though so doubt I'll go again :'(

Why Thanks!
AC :D :D :D :D

stephen
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by stephen » 02 Jun 2005, 06:33

summayah wrote:what about the cream though, would she be allowed to have that?

Only if it's goat cream. I didn't know it exists, but apparently...
Stephen

George

Post by George » 02 Jun 2005, 06:44

Pat wrote:In saying all that we went to Mardi Gras in Sydney in 2002 and had three great weeks eating out etc,

Yeah, and if I'd seen the pictures, I'm not sure we'd have got together :shock: :o

Stephen,
Goats milk has a higher fat content than cows milk I think :?

stephen
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by stephen » 02 Jun 2005, 07:02

Ok, well the book says "fat content should be between 5% and 20%. Less than 5% and you have a sherbert, more than 20% and it becomes chewy". I hope that helps!
Stephen

George

Post by George » 02 Jun 2005, 07:10

NannyP wrote: Image George, get him back under control Image

LOL, :lol: :wink:

George

Post by George » 02 Jun 2005, 07:14

I'm not sure if she would be able to have Goats milk,
Think we are going to try one of Julia's recipe's (though not the Strawberry one as Jane's allergic to strawberry's :cry: )

jaydee67
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by jaydee67 » 02 Jun 2005, 08:30

those recipes were cherry picked from the sites at the bottom of the message - personally I fancy the chocolate one - but then I am a sucker for choclate ice cream! It also seemed the easiest. The bottom site has more recipes in the same vein as the choccie one.

Good Luck - let us know how it turns out - and I think you need your own nick Pat! lol!

George

Post by George » 02 Jun 2005, 08:41

jaydee67 wrote: and I think you need your own nick Pat! lol!

He has one now :wink: :lol:

summayah

Post by summayah » 24 Nov 2005, 22:44

sorry to drag this one up again, but need a bit of advice, please. I made the vanilla ice cream using I think 33% double cream to 66% milk, or it could even have been 25%:75%. Whatever it was it tasted absolutely delicious, BUT whilst it comes out of the ice cream maker...after the alloted time.....firm, it soon melts in the dishes. Or even if I've frozen some and then get it out, same thing, soon becomes runny. Does it always do that or am I missing something? I'm using the same machine as you Stephen/Nigel. I did the basic recipe without any cornflour in, if that's important.
Thanks for any help or advice or reassurance.

Ex Moderator

Post by Ex Moderator » 24 Nov 2005, 23:06

Mine does that too Summayah. I think it is just because it is a soft serve sort. :?

stephen
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by stephen » 25 Nov 2005, 07:29

If you want it to set harder the easiest way is to add an extra egg yolk or two, or go for a cooked custard ice cream.
Stephen