We Need More People Posting!!

Anything totally off-topic and chatty can go here, without any worries.

Moderator: Moderators

We Need More People Posting!!

Postby CP » 23 Apr 2016, 12:51

If this forum is to survive, more members will need to help keep it alive by posting more often. PLEASE!

I know I haven't been posting much either but there's never usually anyone on here except me & half a dozen 'guests'. Though we have new members joining, no one is posting anything much.

I have been a bit pre-occupied in the last few weeks as my mother had a house fire & I have had to deal with all the insurance & everything else! She is currently living with me temporarily & that is also keeping me busy!

I still look in every day though. ;)
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero
CP

Liked in: 167 posts

Re: We Need More People Posting!!

Postby organic chick » 24 Apr 2016, 10:42

Agree. Just retrieved a new password. I post regularly on FB but admit I often neglect this wonderful resource which I tend to use via the archives if I have an issue. Will make a post of FB later reminding others to post. Must update my footer too as we had to cull No. 6 recently
Penny and Freckles - the WArren Girls'
Star and Flopsy (the latter of the floppy comb) both members of the White Star Faction.
Fedora and Florence the Cream Legbars
Emily (see Emily lay) and Erica the Light Sussex babes
1 current husband aka the structural engineer
1 large organic allotment
The Lady Isabella Pickford-Fiennes, a feline of distinction and excellent mouser

CP likes this post.
organic chick
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 124 posts

Postby CP » 25 Apr 2016, 01:50

Sorry for your recent loss Organic Chick. :(
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero
CP

Postby CP » 07 May 2016, 12:59

Well that's worked.....NOT! :roll:

Isn't there anyone who used to post a lot in times past, who wouldn't like to see this forum buzzing again?
I know Facebook has taken a lot of our members to the 'dark side'! LOL!
But it wouldn't take much to get things going here again if enough members contributed. [-o<
Happy in Hampshire!

CP

Postby MamaOwl » 10 May 2016, 10:25

I am waiting for the day we move house and all the other stress has gone so i can get back to posting on here and my other forum... SO stressed at the moment that i dont feel like i have anything to talk about apart from doomy stuff.... dont even see real life friends any more as I am scared I will bore them with the rubbish in our lives.

I need to move house and get hens again.... I need the good life back... 2016 so far has been an ass hat of a year...
Mum to 5, (youngish lol) grandmother to 2.

CP likes this post.
MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 219 posts

Postby CP » 11 May 2016, 20:03

Hope things get better for you soon MamaOwl. ;)

My news isn't as bad as yours but my household has been turned upside down this last month since my mum had a house fire. Having your mother living with you is not ideal, especially as she smokes & the rest of us do not.... a real bone of contention, let me tell you!

Also having to deal with all the 'fallout' is doing my head in! Though I must say the insurance people so far have been fabulous. :grin:
Happy in Hampshire!

CP

Postby MamaOwl » 11 May 2016, 21:56

Nooooo!!!

Did she cause the fire ?

I hope she goes outside to smoke.. pooooo weeeeeeeee

CP likes this post.
MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CP » 12 May 2016, 03:01

Unfortunately not as she has mobility problems & we have steps to the outside. :(
She's using the conservatory which contains it a bit but the whole house will need fumigating! :shock:
Happy in Hampshire!

CP

Postby MamaOwl » 12 May 2016, 08:25

Time for an e cigarette or whatever they are called!
MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CP » 12 May 2016, 10:10

I wish! I got a very firm "No!" from her when I suggested it. :roll:

Been trying for over 40 years to get her to stop....don't think she ever will as she's in her 80's now.
Happy in Hampshire!

CP

Postby MamaOwl » 12 May 2016, 11:16

oh dear... it would probably be a shock to her system anyway now...

What's happening with her house? Will she be rehomed or will she now stay with you? Perhaps convert a garage into a granny flat?
MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CP » 12 May 2016, 17:30

The insurance she had ensures it will be returned back to how it was before, just with newer things, so ripe for selling! She'll probably be going into a warden-controlled flat now. But the sale will have to fund that so she will probably be here until then...several months! It would be fine except for her smoking.....thinking we may have to get an extractor fan or something installed. :roll:
Happy in Hampshire!

CP

Postby MamaOwl » 12 May 2016, 19:34

Do you have a good relationship with her? Perhaps if you said it really bothered you all then she might conceded and try an Ecig? Or something else?

My hubby smokes (outside only) but the smell on clothes alone is horrid.... I think i might be worse because I am an ex smoker though... (2003)
MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MamaOwl » 19 May 2016, 08:33

MamaOwl wrote:I am waiting for the day we move house and all the other stress has gone so i can get back to posting on here and my other forum... SO stressed at the moment that i dont feel like i have anything to talk about apart from doomy stuff.... dont even see real life friends any more as I am scared I will bore them with the rubbish in our lives.

I need to move house and get hens again.... I need the good life back... 2016 so far has been an ass hat of a year...

Step one to happiness..... I got a job at Halfords!! Only 16 hours a week but it's £400 a month I wasn't getting from my self employment so I am H. A. P. P. Y! (anyone remember that sitcom?)

CP likes this post.
MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CP » 19 May 2016, 16:09

Congrats on the job - every little helps!

My brother has just bought me an air purifier/ioniser machine to help with the smoking smell. Arrived today & haven't got it working just yet. Hoping it will be able to cope with it all!! [-o<
Happy in Hampshire!

2 people like this post.
CP

Next

Return to George's Lounge