That's better!!

Anything totally off-topic and chatty can go here, without any worries.

Moderator: Moderators

That's better!!

Postby organic chick » 24 Mar 2015, 11:35

Oh I so miss open air swimming in the winter. Our local outdoor pool re-opened on Saturday and 0630 this morning I admired the frost covered hills of this Derbyshire Valley from warm and steamy waters. Bliss. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful facility http://www.hathersageswimmingpool.co.uk/
Penny and Freckles - the WArren Girls'
Star and Flopsy (the latter of the floppy comb) both members of the White Star Faction.
Fedora and Florence the Cream Legbars
Emily (see Emily lay) and Erica the Light Sussex babes
1 current husband aka the structural engineer
1 large organic allotment
The Lady Isabella Pickford-Fiennes, a feline of distinction and excellent mouser
organic chick
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 124 posts

Re: That's better!!

Postby drfish » 24 Mar 2015, 16:56

One of the few places you can still do this in the UK. Where did all the 'Lidos' go? Used to be a brilliant one just up the road from me in Alfreton, Derbys.

I promised the kids I'd take them here last year, best get on it this year :lol:
Giving power to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to a teenage boy - P. J. O'Rourke (thanks Jessie)

It's amazing that people can believe everything is predestined but they still look both ways when crossing the road - Stephen Hawking

1 Wife, 3 children, 1 Staffie Bitch (RIP Marley), 1 Chi-Chi, 1 Tuxedo Cat, 1 part Maine Coon cat, male bearded dragon, Horsefield Tortoise, 2 White Silkies, 1 Frizzle Pekin, 1 CLB, 1 Appenzeller Spitzhauben Cockerel, 1 blue laced Wyandotte, 3 Appenzeller x Wynadotte pullets, 1 Call drake, 3 khaki Campbell ducks, 4 (2 male 2 female?) Aylesbury x Campbells, a breeding colony of Dubia cockroaches.

And a lot of Ibuprofen.
drfish

Liked in: 704 posts
Location: Head in the clouds, on a high bit in Nottinghamshire

Re: That's better!!

Postby Hen-Gen » 25 Mar 2015, 16:13

organic chick wrote:Oh I so miss open air swimming in the winter. Our local outdoor pool re-opened on Saturday and 0630 this morning I admired the frost covered hills of this Derbyshire Valley from warm and steamy waters. Bliss. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful facility http://www.hathersageswimmingpool.co.uk/

And having spent 25 years of my life living in Castleton I would agree about the beauty of the Hope Valley.
If you have nothing
Give it away
Hen-Gen
Hen
Hen

Liked in: 117 posts

Return to George's Lounge