Who's George?

Anything totally off-topic and chatty can go here, without any worries.

Moderator: Moderators

jaydee67
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Re: Who's George?

Post by jaydee67 » 12 Feb 2012, 14:43

son of eddy wrote:Well it was a suggestion which obviously wasn't well received and its shown me that you have done all that you feel is right and no interest in what I suggested I can see now that I shouldn't have interfered I'll keep my ideas to myself in future.
I'm sorry you feel that your idea wasn't well received. You suggested putting the topic at the top of the forum, I merely pointed out that it already was there. It was started by someone who didn't know George and wanted to find out who he was, as many new members would wonder, so older members told about him and the person he was to us, which is what you wanted to do, I thought. I would be delighted if anyone wanted to post more photos of George and any stories they have - that is why I posted the photo of him with a bird hatched from eggs that had travelled hundreds of miles to get to him.

sbeau66

Post by sbeau66 » 19 Apr 2012, 23:34

I never knew it was named after someone,a nice tribute, out of curiosity, where was george based?

mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by mojo » 20 Apr 2012, 08:35

George was based in SE UK but because of his personality made friends across the world via this forum
Give a smile away every day to a stranger............and a hug to a friend

Heather

Post by Heather » 11 May 2012, 18:55

He was in Esher in Surrey :)

mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by mojo » 11 May 2012, 21:49

a very special person

Heather

Post by Heather » 12 May 2012, 10:25

So True Mojo! Miss him loads and still have days when funny things happen & I think must tell George!!

mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by mojo » 12 May 2012, 11:11

me too had to change battery in my snowman clock (George gave it to me) thought must tell George that battery lasted 2 years.................wonder how the plants we all planted for him are doing

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 13 Dec 2017, 11:34

Does anyone have a photo of George? The one posted earlier in the thread has vanished :-(
Mum to 5, grandmother to 2, wife to 1

CP

Post by CP » 13 Dec 2017, 14:43

This is George.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero