Who's George?

Anything totally off-topic and chatty can go here, without any worries.

Moderator: Moderators

Heather

Re: Who's George?

Post by Heather » 16 Apr 2010, 21:43

Auntie Katie wrote:Has anybody heard from Pat recently? How is he?

I think I joined just after it had been called George's Lounge but had heard lots about him and Pat from Spana!

I chat to Pat regularly, and go over and see him when I can, he's doing really well, has recently gone back to work ( In January I think it was) I shall tell him you asked after him.

George was simply amazing, no matter how poorly he was feeling he always looked on the bright side & always always cared about how you were. Miss him so much still.

layla

Post by layla » 24 Aug 2010, 20:46

Please remember me to Pat , I'd love to know how his gawjuss pooch is doing :smt040

CP

Post by CP » 09 Sep 2010, 12:50

3 years ago today that George passed away. He is still very much thought of & greatly missed. :(
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

Gilly C
Hen
Hen

Post by Gilly C » 09 Sep 2010, 13:58

By me too he was one special guy :(

milkmaid
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by milkmaid » 09 Sep 2010, 15:23

yep here to
anybody got a joke to tell in his honour
suz
rose comb white dorking nut

mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by mojo » 09 Sep 2010, 16:51

one of the finest friends i never met him but we hold him dear.........hope Pat is Ok we do miss him on the forum
Give a smile away every day to a stranger............and a hug to a friend

Heather

Post by Heather » 09 Sep 2011, 10:51

4 years ago today our George left us, I'm sure he would be glad this lounge is kept still in his honour :) <3

NannyP

Post by NannyP » 09 Sep 2011, 20:04

Only 4 years...it feels much longer. Thanks for the reminder Heather xx

Gilly C
Hen
Hen

Post by Gilly C » 09 Sep 2011, 20:05

I just saw the date and was thinking of him then came on here to see this, I am now in France and still have his door closer incubator etc and will be ,putting them all to good use, if you see Pat Heather give him a hug from me miss you George xx

mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by mojo » 09 Sep 2011, 20:51

Heather if you see Pat tell him Georges snowman clock is still working on the dresser in the kitchen and i use several times a day and give him our best

son of eddy
Pullet
Pullet

Post by son of eddy » 10 Feb 2012, 11:28

I have read his thread through and its a true delight to read. The wonderful memories people have on here of George. I came on here towards the end of Georges illness and read through all the loving support you all gave George & Pat. I also remember the grief that Pat and many people went through following the loss of George and the loving support you all gave George during his illness and Pat after his great loss.
This post has highlighted something, George was special to so many people and so loved and also missed.

Whilst this section was named after George to preserve his memory and his presence here on the forum, as new members come along who didn't know George that will not come across unless a thread like this comes along again.
If the members on here who remember that time feel comfortable with it, I'd like to suggest that as an introduction to this section of the forum.

Perhaps a thread, which you all contribute you thoughts and memories and maybe pictures, such as the one posted of George, with a short explanation as was given in this thread. Maybe even just put this thread pinned at the top so that new members can dip into and understand who George was and the big contribution he gave to the development of this forum.

It was a tragic loss of such a special person at such a young age and I am so glad that Pat is starting to pick up the threads of his life again after such a devastating loss. I remember his posts and maybe as part of that tribute if its felt appropriate put in Pats posts about the headstone and the funeral arrangements etc. I don't want to open old wounds but perhaps it would be a way that new members could gain a sense of contact with George and understand why he was so important to so many people.

Whilst for many I know its perhaps still too much too soon for others it may be an opportunity to laugh at some of the funny things that happened and to share your memories. I’d suggest people contribute what feels comfortable and right to them, as its only they who can judge that.

What are people thoughts and feelings on this? Would anybody feel comfortable with this or is still too raw for some?

jaydee67
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by jaydee67 » 11 Feb 2012, 19:51

This thread is a 'sticky' topic which means it remains at the top of the forum so can easily be found. I'm please George is still on the forum, he was a great member and a sadly missed friend.

debcat
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by debcat » 12 Feb 2012, 04:39

I had the privilage of meeting George in person as well as on here, he was a lovely person and has been (and continues to be) inspirational to many people.
He will always be remembered and sadly missed by all that knew him, naming the lounge after him was a fitting tribute
we're all sane it's the rest of the world thats mad!

son of eddy
Pullet
Pullet

Post by son of eddy » 12 Feb 2012, 10:46

Well it was a suggestion which obviously wasn't well received and its shown me that you have done all that you feel is right and no interest in what I suggested I can see now that I shouldn't have interfered I'll keep my ideas to myself in future.

mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by mojo » 12 Feb 2012, 10:49

George gone but never forgotten